Welcome to Doll STEM Camp 2018, Starting TODAY!
Welcome to Doll STEM Camp 2018!!
The day is finally here! Are you ready to join us on our mission as we craft, create, and inspire? We are super excited to have you aboard. There are so many fun activities planned; we can’t wait to start! Remember, as we share activities with you, be inspired to make it your own. You may prefer to do one craft, or all of them! There is no right or wrong way when crafting- improvise and create using what works best for YOU.
All systems "go" for Doll STEM Camp 2018, commander.
Liftoff! Let the ultimate American Girl summer begin!
When first arriving at camp, there are so many new faces (and friends!). A name tag is the perfect way to help your doll introduce herself to the other campers. Grab your supplies for our first craft!
Ribbon or string
Construction Paper or Cardstock
Clear Packing Tape
1. Carefully cut out the desired amount of name tags from the printable.
2. Glue the name tag to card stock or construction paper, then trim around the edges.
3. Write your doll’s name on the lines provided and choose a team- I’m going to go with Odyssey, which is the name of Luciana’s camp team from her stories.
4. Take a piece of packing tape with the sticky side up and lay the name tag facing down.
5. Trim off any excess tape. Cut the corners and fold over to the back side. This will give your doll’s lanyard a realistic shine, just as if it were in its own plastic pocket.
6. Use a hole punch to make a small circle for the ribbon.
7. Cut a 15 inch ribbon and fold it in half. Slide the folded end through the back of the hole to the front. Lift the ribbon up and pull the ends through the loop. Gently tug on the ends until the lanyard is tight.
Tie around your doll’s neck at the desired length, and she’s ready to greet the crowd!
Camp Conversations - Episode 1
The entry hall is filled with campers. Eager to make a friend, Luciana marches up to a camper nearby.
“Hi, I’m Luciana, future first-girl-on-Mars!”
The girl tosses her long hair with a snort. “Hmph… Humans won’t land on Mars for a long time. It’s 33.9 million miles away, to be exact. Oh, and by the way, I’m Ella. I guess we’re on the same team.” Ella says, with a smug nod toward Luciana’s lanyard.
Before Luciana can reply, a little girl bounces up behind Ella and smiles. “My name is Meg! Ella is my big sister. This is my first time at STEM Camp, and I’m really, really excited.”
Ella rolls her eyes. “Yes, Meg, we can tell.”
Another girl with blonde curls walks up and sets her bag down by Luciana’s feet. She announces in a thick accent, “Hallo, campers! I am Johanna from Germany. This is Team Odyssey, yes?”
All the girls nod their head as Johanna links arms. “I know we will all be best friends! I cannot wait to start my summer here.”
Luciana puts on a nervous smile. “Me too.” I hope...
Follow along to see Luciana’s STEM Camp Story unfold!
Camp posts will be shared on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday of each week.
If you complete a craft or want to share a photo of your doll at camp, snap a picture and send it in to be featured in the Camp Recap each Sunday!
#stemdoll #DollSTEMCamp2018 #americangirldollspacecamp #STEMCamp #stemcampforkids #girlsinstem #dollstemcamp #DollSTEMCamp #americangirlSTEMdoll #STEM #lucianaspacecamp #girlsinspacecamp #americangirlspacecamp #spacecampforgirls #dollcrafts #DollDayscrafts #AmericanGirlcrafts #crafts #agcrafts #americangirldollnewsblog #dolldaysblogcountdown #lucianavega2018 #americangirllucianavega #aglucianavega #americangirlluciana #luciana #lucianabedroom #2018luciana #lucianaspaceroom #lucia #lucianavega #justcraftit